- 1 Where do the cruise ships dock in Ketchikan?
- 2 Is Ketchikan a tender port?
- 3 Where do Alaska cruise ships depart from?
- 4 What is Ketchikan best known for?
- 5 How do I spend a day in Ketchikan?
- 6 Are there cruise ships in Ketchikan?
- 7 Is it worth going to Ketchikan?
- 8 Are there grizzly bears in Ketchikan?
- 9 What can you not miss on an Alaskan cruise?
- 10 What is the best month to take an Alaskan cruise?
- 11 What are the stops on an Alaska cruise?
- 12 Can you see the northern lights in Ketchikan Alaska?
- 13 Is Juneau worth visiting?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Ketchikan?
Ketchikan has 4 docks available for cruise ships. All ships dock in front of the historical district of Ketchikan. Simply cross the street and you are there. There are a lot of attractions and museum in town.
Is Ketchikan a tender port?
Ketchikan has four panamax sized cruise ship berths. They are numbered sequentially from south to north along the downtown waterfront. If the pier is full of ships, you will tender into Ketchikan from the ship. The tenders will drop you right downtown.
Where do Alaska cruise ships depart from?
There are 4 ports that most Alaska cruises depart from: Seattle, Vancouver, Seward and Whittier. Other ports such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and Juneau are used less frequently.
What is Ketchikan best known for?
Set at the southernmost entrance to Alaska’s famed Inside Passage—a network of waterways that snake through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful wilderness in the world—Ketchikan is best known for three things: feisty salmon, idyllic scenery, and an incredibly rich Alaska Native culture.
How do I spend a day in Ketchikan?
Best Things to Do in Ketchikan in a Day
- Walk Around the Waterfront.
- Visit a Former Bordello (Dolly’s House Museum)
- Admire the Native American Totem Poles.
- Take a Boat Trip Through the Misty Fjords.
- Have Lunch at the Fish Pirates Saloon.
- Go Salmon Fishing With the Locals.
Are there cruise ships in Ketchikan?
Ketchikan has four panamax sized cruise ship berths. They are numbered sequentially from south to north, along the downtown waterfront. Each berth also has an adjacent float.
Is it worth going to Ketchikan?
Whether you’re visiting Alaska via cruise, ferry, or plane, Ketchikan is well worth a stop. After its pulp mill was the last to close in Alaska (in 1997), Ketchikan worked hard to boost tourism to pick up the slack.
Are there grizzly bears in Ketchikan?
There are no grizzly brown bears in Ketchikan. We only have black bears. There are brown bears on only three islands in SE Alaska Admiralty, Baranof and Chichagof.
What can you not miss on an Alaskan cruise?
12 Alaska Cruise Tour Activities Not to Miss
- Glacier & Wildlife Cruises.
- Heli-Hiking the Tundra.
- Riding the Alaska Railroad.
- Standup Paddleboarding Around Icebergs.
- Visiting a Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Sampling the Local Beer.
- Dog Sledding.
- Gold Panning.
What is the best month to take an Alaskan cruise?
While the state is beautiful during any season, the best time to cruise Alaska is between May and September. Between these months, there is an average of zero inches of snowfall in Juneau and Anchorage. The days are longer than they are in the winter, and there’s usually much more to do.
What are the stops on an Alaska cruise?
Alaska Ports of Call
- Alaska Cruise Ports. When you set sail with Princess on an Alaska cruise, ports of call invite you to explore the great outdoors, taste the fresh treasures of the sea and discover the unique history of The Last Frontier.
- Vancouver, B.C.
- Victoria, B.C.
Can you see the northern lights in Ketchikan Alaska?
Hordes of Japanese tourists descend on Fairbanks over the winter just to see the Alaska Aurora Borealis. In Alaska, they can be seen as far south as Ketchikan.
Is Juneau worth visiting?
Juneau is definitely worth a visit and if you are not planning on returning to Alaska, combining Juneau with Anchorage, Denali and Seward could be a good use of your time.