- 1 What are the codes on a cruise ship?
- 2 What is code alpha on a cruise ship?
- 3 What is code 7 on cruise ship?
- 4 What is the purpose of code words in cruise ship?
- 5 What should you not forget on a cruise?
- 6 What does code Victoria mean on a cruise ship?
- 7 Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
- 8 Can you survive if you fall off a cruise ship?
- 9 What are hidden secrets about cruise ships?
- 10 What does a pineapple on a cruise ship door mean?
- 11 What does code echo mean?
- 12 What is code 8 in a hospital?
- 13 What does code alpha mean in a hospital?
- 14 What is a code 1 in a hospital?
- 15 What does code Oscar mean?
What are the codes on a cruise ship?
- 30-30 – maintenance needed to clean up a mess.
- Alpha (specifically Alpha, Alpha, Alpha on Princess and Royal Caribbean ships) – medical emergency.
- Alpha Team, Alpha Team, Alpha Team – fire emergency on a Carnival Cruise Line ship.
- Bravo or Bravo, Bravo, Bravo – fire.
- Charlie – bomb threat.
What is code alpha on a cruise ship?
An “Alpha” is a medical emergency, a “Bravo” is a fire, and “Kilo” is a request for all personnel to report to their emergency posts, which happens in the event of, say, a necessary evacuation. Be wary of “Echo,” which is called if the ship is starting to drift, or “Oscar,” which means someone’s gone overboard.
What is code 7 on cruise ship?
Seven or more short blasts of the ship’s whistle followed by a single long blast warns passengers to gather at their muster stations. “Delta” signifies damage to the cruise ship; “Papa” means pollution or oil spill; “Sierra” calls for a stretcher.
What is the purpose of code words in cruise ship?
These code words are used by crew members to discreetly communicate with each other when things go overboard. Before anyone steps foot on the ship, cruise personnel and captains receive intensive training. These drills show a certain level of competency that is mandated across all cruise lines, Semenova said.
What should you not forget on a cruise?
What Not to Forget On a Cruise: 13 Things to Remember to Pack
- Adapter. If you’re traveling outside of the North American and Caribbean region and will be spending any time at a hotel, you’ll need to bring a power adapter with you.
- Emergency contact list.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes.
What does code Victoria mean on a cruise ship?
Posted January 27, 2014. We had a code Victoria while sailing on Dream during her first season with Thomsons, we soon discovered it meant extreme flooding as water gushed from the cabin a few doors down!
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers? Despite what you may have seen on the television show, “The Love Boat”, crew members are strictly prohibited from any kind of relationships with passengers onboard. In fact, crew members are not allowed to go into passenger cabins unless there is an official reason.
Can you survive if you fall off a cruise ship?
Do people always die when they go overboard? No. Survival rates depend on several factors, including whether the person was injured by impact with the water or part of the ship on the way down and how quickly the person can be rescued by the cruise ship or Coast Guard.
Hidden Decks, Morgues, and Private Bars— 7 Secrets of Cruise
- There’s a whole other world you can’t see.
- Crew members don’t just work hard — they often work every day.
- Crew members live onboard, but not year round.
- The crew may know a lot about you.
- The captain doesn’t really stand behind a wheel all day.
What does a pineapple on a cruise ship door mean?
On a cruise (and sometimes also on land) ‘pineapple’ is code for swinging or wife-swapping. If you see pineapple on a cruise ship door it means that the people in the cabin are up for meeting other couples for ‘adult fun’.
What does code echo mean?
Echo, Echo, Echo is the code for a possible collision with another ship or the shore aboard Royal Caribbean ships. On board some cruise lines this means danger of high winds while at port.
What is code 8 in a hospital?
In Code 8 ( violent situations ) we are relied upon to provide physical support to the medical team and security to restore safety and calm to the area.
What does code alpha mean in a hospital?
A shipboard announcement warning of a medical emergency.
What is a code 1 in a hospital?
CODE YELLOW MCI (3-8 patients) Tier 1 (highest acuity) Tier 2 (moderate acuity) ER and Staff prepare for patient arrival.
What does code Oscar mean?
Code Oscar is a form of ship emergency code which is mainly used in the cruising industry. The vessel emergency code, Code Oscar, is rung in case there a person falls overboard from the vessel. The distress signal is euphemistic in nature, so as to prevent the potentiality of chaos occurring following the emergency.