- 1 What are the codes on a cruise ship?
- 2 What does Alpha mean on cruise ship?
- 3 What does cruise code Papa mean?
- 4 What does code RED mean on a cruise ship?
- 5 What should you not forget on a cruise?
- 6 What does a pineapple on a cruise ship door mean?
- 7 Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
- 8 Do cruise ships have jail?
- 9 What does code alpha mean in a hospital?
- 10 What does code Oscar mean?
- 11 What is code 8 in a hospital?
- 12 What is code blue on a cruise ship?
- 13 Do pirates go after cruise ships?
- 14 What happens if you test positive for Covid on a cruise ship?
- 15 Do they carry guns on cruise ships?
What are the codes on a cruise ship?
- 30-30 – maintenance needed to clean up a mess.
- Alpha (specifically Alpha, Alpha, Alpha on Princess and Royal Caribbean ships) – medical emergency.
- Alpha Team, Alpha Team, Alpha Team – fire emergency on a Carnival Cruise Line ship.
- Bravo or Bravo, Bravo, Bravo – fire.
- Charlie – bomb threat.
What does Alpha mean on cruise ship?
An “Alpha” is a medical emergency, a “Bravo” is a fire, and “Kilo” is a request for all personnel to report to their emergency posts, which happens in the event of, say, a necessary evacuation. Be wary of “Echo,” which is called if the ship is starting to drift, or “Oscar,” which means someone’s gone overboard.
What does cruise code Papa mean?
“Delta” signifies damage to the cruise ship; “Papa” means pollution or oil spill; “Sierra” calls for a stretcher. “Priority 2” is a leak on the vessel. The giant vessels are well equipped for any possible threat they might face on board.
What does code RED mean on a cruise ship?
Code Red – Outbreak of norovirus or illness. It means the ship must undergo deep cleaning and sick passengers should stay in their rooms. Code Green and Code Yellow indicate less severe problems.
What should you not forget on a cruise?
What Not to Forget On a Cruise: 13 Things to Remember to Pack
- Adapter. If you’re traveling outside of the North American and Caribbean region and will be spending any time at a hotel, you’ll need to bring a power adapter with you.
- Emergency contact list.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes.
What does a pineapple on a cruise ship door mean?
On a cruise (and sometimes also on land) ‘pineapple’ is code for swinging or wife-swapping. If you see pineapple on a cruise ship door it means that the people in the cabin are up for meeting other couples for ‘adult fun’.
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers? Despite what you may have seen on the television show, “The Love Boat”, crew members are strictly prohibited from any kind of relationships with passengers onboard. In fact, crew members are not allowed to go into passenger cabins unless there is an official reason.
Do cruise ships have jail?
Cruise ships do have jails. Called the brig, they are rarely used, but when they are, it is generally for those passengers who commit serious crimes where criminal prosecution is likely, such as drug trafficking. Most guests on a cruise ship will never see the brig or have reason to visit.
What does code alpha mean in a hospital?
A shipboard announcement warning of a medical emergency.
What does code Oscar mean?
Code Oscar is a form of ship emergency code which is mainly used in the cruising industry. The vessel emergency code, Code Oscar, is rung in case there a person falls overboard from the vessel. The distress signal is euphemistic in nature, so as to prevent the potentiality of chaos occurring following the emergency.
What is code 8 in a hospital?
In Code 8 ( violent situations ) we are relied upon to provide physical support to the medical team and security to restore safety and calm to the area.
What is code blue on a cruise ship?
Code Blue usually means a medical emergency. Delta, Delta, Delta is the code for a possible bio-hazard among some cruise lines. Echo, Echo, Echo is the code for a possible collision with another ship or the shore aboard Royal Caribbean ships. On board some cruise lines this means danger of high winds while at port.
Do pirates go after cruise ships?
However, cruise ships have thorough procedures to protect themselves from pirates, particularly in areas known for high rates of attacks. There were only six reports of pirates attempting to attack cruise ships over the last 10 years. – in fact there has never been a successful pirate attack on a cruise ship.
What happens if you test positive for Covid on a cruise ship?
100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19.
Do they carry guns on cruise ships?
Under the Law Enforcement Safety Act, officers cannot carry firearms on cruise ships.