- 1 Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
- 2 Where is the Nassau cruise port?
- 3 What port is Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 How far is Nassau airport to the cruise port?
- 5 Is Nassau a good cruise port?
- 6 Is Nassau cruise port safe?
- 7 How far is Atlantis from cruise port?
- 8 Should I get off the ship in Nassau?
- 9 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 10 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 What cruise ships are in Nassau now?
- 13 How far is Cable Beach from Nassau cruise port?
- 14 How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
- 15 Are cruise ships going to Nassau Bahamas?
Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
Nassau, Nassau & Paradise Island Prince George Dock Located in the heart of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship destinations in the world and many of the worlds cruise liners dock at Prince George Dock.
Where is the Nassau cruise port?
Nassau Cruise Port terminal serves major passenger shipping companies as port of call. Most of the liners that dock at the passenger terminal are operated by Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, NCL-Norwegian, Costa, MSC. Nassau cruise terminal is at Prince George Wharf, located on island’s northern coast.
What port is Nassau Bahamas?
Water. Ferries (boats) provide water travel around Nassau to the surrounding islands, namely Paradise Island. Prince George Wharf is the main port in the city that serves cruise ships with ports of call in Nassau.
How far is Nassau airport to the cruise port?
Arriving in Nassau Lynden Pindling International Airport is the major airport of Nassau and largest in the country. It is about 10-12 miles from the airport to the cruise terminal, but with traffic the trip may take around a half hour. Taxis are plentiful at the airport.
Is Nassau a good cruise port?
While Nassau sometimes gets a bad rap as a “touristy” port of call and is often inundated by cruise travelers, the Bahamas’ capital city is actually a diverse port with an impressive array of historic attractions, a variety of beach experiences, distinctive cuisine and extensive shopping opportunities.
Is Nassau cruise port safe?
Nassau Cruise Port has been accredited as a “Safe Travels” partner by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). This internationally recognized designation indicates that NCPL has adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of its workforce and visitors to Nassau.
How far is Atlantis from cruise port?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
Should I get off the ship in Nassau?
If you’re on a three or four-night cruise, we may recommend skipping Nassau and spending time on the ship. If it’s your first time in the Bahamas, you could hop off the boat for a little just to check Nassau off your list of places visited.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
See below for my day through Nassau without cruise excursions, and my top 7 things to do on the island!
- Make it into Nassau without buying anything.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Grab a drink at Bahama Rock Cafe.
- Drink a Coconut by the Ocean.
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Fat Tuesday: lunch, drink deals by the beach, and night life!
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What cruise ships are in Nassau now?
Royal Caribbean International’s Adventure of the Seas made its arrival into Nassau today ahead of its June 12 sailing, the first cruise for the Royal Caribbean brand in North America since March 2020.
How far is Cable Beach from Nassau cruise port?
It’s the little beach west of Nassau’s Fish Fry, but east of Cable Beach, about a 15-minute drive from the Nassau cruise port.
How do you get from Nassau port to Paradise Island?
Step by Step
- When you walk off the cruise ship, exit the terminal and walk towards all the shops along the bayfront.
- You will be on a sidewalk that goes along the pier.
- Once the company fills the water taxi, you’ll start your 20-minute journey from the Nassau cruise pier to Paradise Island.
Are cruise ships going to Nassau Bahamas?
A Norwegian Cruise Line ship and Carnival ship are docked at the port in Nassau, Bahamas in 2019. For its part, Norwegian Cruise line extended its vaccination mandate through the end of the year.