- 1 Which side of the boat is best for Alaska cruise?
- 2 What is the best cabin location for an Alaska cruise?
- 3 Where is the best place to book on a cruise ship?
- 4 Where do you board for an Alaskan cruise?
- 5 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
- 6 How cold is it on an Alaskan cruise?
- 7 What should you not buy on a cruise?
- 8 What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
- 9 What should you not forget on a cruise?
- 10 What’s better front or back of cruise ship?
- 11 Should you prepay gratuities on cruise?
- 12 Which part of the cruise ship is safest?
- 13 How far in advance should you book an Alaskan cruise?
- 14 Do I need passport for Alaska cruise?
Which side of the boat is best for Alaska cruise?
Northbound Alaska cruises sail up the coastline through the Inside Passage and along Hubbard Glacier, so your best view of Alaska’s scenic landmasses are likely on the starboard side of the ship. Southbound Alaska cruises are the opposite.
What is the best cabin location for an Alaska cruise?
How do you pick a cabin for an Alaskan cruise? You want to look at which way you are sailing. If you are cruising north, it’s best to select a starboard (or right side) stateroom since the land is on that side. When sailing south from Alaska to Vancouver or Seattle, choose a port (left side) stateroom.
Where is the best place to book on a cruise ship?
The lower and more central you are in a ship, the less roll and sway you will feel. Even if you choose a balconied stateroom, choose the lowest level and the most midship one you can find. The higher decks and cabins at the very front (forward) or back (aft) of the ship will rock and roll the most.
Where do you board for an Alaskan cruise?
There are 4 ports that most Alaska cruises depart from: Seattle, Vancouver, Seward and Whittier. Other ports such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and Juneau are used less frequently.
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
On shorter sailings, where the amount of overall time you have on the cruise limited, you may find a balcony unnecessary since there is not much to enjoy it. However, if your cruise is 7-nights or longer, that provides significantly more time to relax and enjoy the private balcony area, especially on sea days.
How cold is it on an Alaskan cruise?
What is the best weather for an Alaska cruise? Temperatures can vary anywhere between 30 to 80 degrees throughout the summer travel months – inviting guests to layer on the sweaters and windbreakers as weather can be unpredictable.
What should you not buy on a cruise?
Here are four generally overpriced items you shouldn’t buy on a cruise ship.
- Mainstream Liquor. Unless you’re shopping for a rare vintage, local liqueur or brand that’s not available where you live, we suggest not spending your money on booze.
- Personal Care Products.
What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
Top 6 Dirtiest Cruise Ships-CDC Publishes Its List
- Oceania Insignia. Oceania Cruises’ Insignia is one of the ships that received a failing score, 80 out of 100, due to issues with maintaining proper pH and halogen levels in its drinking water.
- Silver Wind.
- Silver Spirit.
- Safari Endeavor.
- Norwegian Breakaway.
- Le Boreal.
What should you not forget on a cruise?
What Not to Forget On a Cruise: 13 Things to Remember to Pack
- Adapter. If you’re traveling outside of the North American and Caribbean region and will be spending any time at a hotel, you’ll need to bring a power adapter with you.
- Emergency contact list.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes.
What’s better front or back of cruise ship?
If you suffer from motion sickness, or are a first-time cruiser and want to play it safe; it is not recommended you sail in a stateroom in the forward section of the ship. The most desirable location is a mid-ship stateroom, or if not available, a stateroom towards the back (aft) of the ship.
Should you prepay gratuities on cruise?
If you want to make your life easier, and don’t plan on removing or adjusting the gratuities on a cruise, it’s better to prepay before you go. In our experience, prepaying gratuities does not negatively affect the service onboard.
Which part of the cruise ship is safest?
What’s the Best Place to Stay on a Cruise Ship?
- Mid-ship Staterooms. If seasickness is a worry of yours, the best way to avoid that is getting a room in the center of the ship.
- Lower Decks.
- Oceanview Balconies.
- Aft Cabins.
- Amid Other Staterooms.
How far in advance should you book an Alaskan cruise?
“For Alaska cruises, we strongly recommend booking at least six to 12 months out, as the cruise season runs only from May to September,” says DeLaCruz. “And staterooms with balconies are highly desirable for Alaska cruising, so it’s important to book early to be assured a balcony cabin in your preferred location.”
Do I need passport for Alaska cruise?
Do you need a passport to go on a cruise to Alaska? Even though Alaska is part of the United States, most cruise itineraries will require you to travel with a U.S. passport. If you’re on a cruise to Alaska that begins or ends in Canada, you are required to carry a passport book or passport card.