- 1 What do you do on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- 2 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 4 Do you need a passport to get off a cruise ship in Nassau?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
- 6 What is the best month to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- 7 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 Is Nassau cruise port safe?
- 9 Should I get off the ship in Nassau?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 12 Is Blue Lagoon Island free?
- 13 Can you get off a cruise ship in The Bahamas without a passport?
- 14 Can you use a real ID for a cruise?
What do you do on a cruise to the Bahamas?
This includes sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing and encounters with sea lions, dolphins, stingrays and pigs (yes, swimming pigs). Other cruise ship tours feature glass-bottom and jet boat excursions, catamaran sailings paired with reef snorkeling, deep-sea fishing and exclusive beach days with private cabanas.
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Best Attractions near the Cruise Port in Nassau
- Bahamas Historical Society Museum. Photo courtesy of Bahamas Historical Society Museum.
- National Art Gallery of The Bahamas.
- Christ Church Cathedral.
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Ardastra Gardens Zoo and Conservation Centre.
- Pirates of Nassau.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Junkanoo Expo.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
See below for my day through Nassau without cruise excursions, and my top 7 things to do on the island!
- Make it into Nassau without buying anything.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Grab a drink at Bahama Rock Cafe.
- Drink a Coconut by the Ocean.
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Fat Tuesday: lunch, drink deals by the beach, and night life!
Do you need a passport to get off a cruise ship in Nassau?
Do You Need a Passport to Cruise to the Bahamas? If you are a US citizen, you can take a “closed-loop cruise” (one that begins and ends at the same port) to The Bahamas without a passport. Instead, you’ll need to present another proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID.
What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
The cheapest times to cruise are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season. (If you decide to travel then, purchasing cruise insurance is a good idea.) But you can often find other patches of bargain sailings, especially during the early weeks of December and in the spring.
What is the best month to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
The Best Time to Go on a Cruise to the Bahamas for Weather Hurricane season for the Bahamas and the Caribbean lasts from June to November, with peak hurricane season being from August to October.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Is Nassau cruise port safe?
Nassau Cruise Port has been accredited as a “Safe Travels” partner by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). This internationally recognized designation indicates that NCPL has adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of its workforce and visitors to Nassau.
Should I get off the ship in Nassau?
If you’re on a three or four-night cruise, we may recommend skipping Nassau and spending time on the ship. If it’s your first time in the Bahamas, you could hop off the boat for a little just to check Nassau off your list of places visited.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas:
- Coco Plum Beach (Exuma)
- Lighthouse Beach (Eleuthera)
- Pink Sands Beach (Harbour Island)
Is Blue Lagoon Island free?
All guests that participate in a Dolphin Encounter interactive marine mammal program receive FREE access to our private lagoon beach and facilities. Enjoy the seclusion and natural beauty of Blue Lagoon Island for the day. Water sports, lunch and drinks from our beach bar are available at an additional charge.
Can you get off a cruise ship in The Bahamas without a passport?
If you are traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise that embarks and ends at the same U.S. port, you can use your government issued driver’s license or birth certificate instead of a passport. This is known as a closed-loop cruise.
Can you use a real ID for a cruise?
Can I Go on a Cruise With a Real ID? A Real ID is an upgraded, more secure driver’s license that’s required for domestic flights as of October 1, 2021. Even if you have a Real ID, you’ll still need to bring a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship for a closed-loop cruise.