- 1 What side of the ship does the Mediterranean cruise go on?
- 2 Is a cruise a good way to see the Greek islands?
- 3 What is the best time of year to cruise the Greek islands?
- 4 Which Greek islands do cruise ships visit?
- 5 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
- 6 What is the best deck on a cruise ship?
- 7 What is the best way to see Greece?
- 8 Are cruises operating in Greece?
- 9 How do you get to Greek island hopping?
- 10 What is the prettiest Greek island?
- 11 What is there to do on a Greek cruise?
- 12 Which is the best Greek island to visit in April?
- 13 Is Greece on the green list?
What side of the ship does the Mediterranean cruise go on?
When going east you stay on the port side of the ship and going west you’re better on the starboard side. Had to do with the side of the ship opposite from the sun where it was cooler. Using POSH you should book a cabin on the port side of the ship. Enjoy your cruise as either side will be great.
Is a cruise a good way to see the Greek islands?
Only 227 of the 6,000 islands and islets scattered in the Aegean and Ionian Seas of Greece are inhabited and some are only accessible by boat, making a small ship cruise the best way discover these idyllic destinations.
What is the best time of year to cruise the Greek islands?
The season in the Greek islands runs from May to late October. While July and August are the most popular for cruise ships, keep in mind that temperatures can top 100 degrees. June and September are probably the best months, as the tourist crush isn’t as thick and the climate is cooler.
Which Greek islands do cruise ships visit?
Popular islands such as Santorini and Mykonos feature on the itineraries of all the main cruise lines, and although they undeniably have their charms, they can be overrun with day-trippers during the summer high season.
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
On shorter sailings, where the amount of overall time you have on the cruise limited, you may find a balcony unnecessary since there is not much to enjoy it. However, if your cruise is 7-nights or longer, that provides significantly more time to relax and enjoy the private balcony area, especially on sea days.
What is the best deck on a cruise ship?
The lower and more central you are in a ship, the less roll and sway you will feel. Even if you choose a balconied stateroom, choose the lowest level and the most midship one you can find. The higher decks and cabins at the very front (forward) or back (aft) of the ship will rock and roll the most.
What is the best way to see Greece?
But one of the best ways to visit Greece is on a cruise. Surrounded by sea and with thousands of beautiful islands, cruises offer first-timers to Greece the opportunity to visit several different places over a short period of time.
Are cruises operating in Greece?
Starting this year, however, all major cruise lines will homeport in Greece, which means that travelers can start their cruise to the Greek islands and Cyprus right out of Greece.
How do you get to Greek island hopping?
Your route is only bound by the ferry schedule. From late May to early October, there are ferry connections between most islands in an island group (the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Sporades, the Saronic islands, the Ionian islands) and from Crete to the Cyclades. But there aren’t ferries between every Greek island.
What is the prettiest Greek island?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
What is there to do on a Greek cruise?
Greek Isles Cruises: 10 Things to Do in Mykonos
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Go on a 4×4 Adventure.
- Take Photos of Iconic Landmarks.
- Lounge on a Mykonos Beach.
- Visit Little Venice.
- Explore the Mykonos Windmills.
- Take a Walking Tour.
- Eat Fresh Seafood.
Which is the best Greek island to visit in April?
Hottest Greek islands in April
- Crete. Average temperature in April: 19ºC.
- Chios. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Paxos. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Skyros. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
Is Greece on the green list?
Greece is unlikely to make the green list, as its infection rate has risen to 129 per 100,000 people. Case numbers have also been rising since late June, and are now well over 1,000 per day. Around 40 per cent of the adult population has received both doses of the vaccine.