- 1 Where is the engine located on a Carnival cruise ship?
- 2 How many Motors does a cruise ship have?
- 3 Who makes engines for cruise ships?
- 4 Can you tour the engine room on a cruise ship?
- 5 Where is the best room location on a cruise ship?
- 6 Where is the best room on a cruise ship?
- 7 Do cruise ships have jails?
- 8 How deep in the water does a cruise ship sit?
- 9 What is the largest engine in the world?
- 10 What fuel do cruise ships use?
- 11 How far can a cruise ship travel in a day?
- 12 What is the biggest cruise ship in the world?
- 13 Can you visit the bridge on a cruise ship?
- 14 How much does cruise ship captains make?
- 15 Where does the captain sit on a cruise ship?
Where is the engine located on a Carnival cruise ship?
The basic detail about the cruise ship engine room is its location. For stability, the ship’s heaviest weights are at its lowest possible deck, and usually, engines are mounted above the keel. Ship’s lowest decks are almost entirely full of machinery.
How many Motors does a cruise ship have?
The ship’s power comes from six medium-speed, marine-diesel generating sets: three 16-cylinder Wärtsilä 16V46D common rail engines producing 18,480 kilowatts (24,780 hp) each and three similar 12-cylinder Wärtsilä 12V46D engines producing 13,860 kilowatts (18,590 hp) each.
Who makes engines for cruise ships?
– GE Marine Engines continues to make inroads into the cruise industry, the company reported today at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Convention.To date, GE has 20 LM2500+ and five LM2500 aeroderivative gas turbines operating or slated for service on cruise ships, either in combined gas turbine and steam turbine
Can you tour the engine room on a cruise ship?
In order to bring extra profit and to present more personal experience to the guests, all cruise lines offer ship tours to the bridge, engine room, galley, backstage of the theatre etc. passengers to join the navigational team on the bridge as the ship departs from the port.
Where is the best room location on a cruise ship?
Best for a Great View Cabins at the very front or very back of a cruise ship are most likely to have the best views, as they offer the widest vistas of the ocean stretching out behind or in front of the ship — or in the case of forward cabins, your next port of call.
Where is the best room on a cruise ship?
In general, the most popular spot to be on a cruise ship is midship on a higher deck because these rooms are centrally located. Moreover, cabins towards the middle of the ship have the reputation of providing a smoother ride when the ocean is rough.
Do cruise ships have jails?
Cruise ships do have jails. Called the brig, they are rarely used, but when they are, it is generally for those passengers who commit serious crimes where criminal prosecution is likely, such as drug trafficking. Most guests on a cruise ship will never see the brig or have reason to visit.
How deep in the water does a cruise ship sit?
The depth of water that a cruise ship will need to dock in will need to exceed 25 to 50 feet deep. This takes into account the average draft of a cruise ship being 25 to 50 feet, which is the depth of water from the waterline to the bottom of the hull.
What is the largest engine in the world?
The Wärtsilä RT-flex96C is a turbocharged, two-stroke reciprocating diesel engine designed to power large container ships and is the world’s largest engine.
What fuel do cruise ships use?
Most ships produce their electricity using diesel engines. Others use gas turbine engines to generate electricity. Still others use a combination of the two. Diesel engines use heavy fuel oil (“HFO”) while gas turbine engines use marine gas oil (“MGO”), which is similar to the fuel used in jet airplanes.
How far can a cruise ship travel in a day?
How far can a cruise ship travel in a day? In 24 hours, a cruise ship travelling at the standard service speed can cover about 480 nautical miles (which equates to 552 land miles).
What is the biggest cruise ship in the world?
Pictures: Largest cruise ships in the world
- Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas: 228,081 gross tons.
- Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas: 226,963 gross tons.
- Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas: 226,838 gross tons.
- Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas: 225,282 gross tons.
- Costa Smeralda: 185,010 gross tons.
Can you visit the bridge on a cruise ship?
The bridge is the place on the ship where the captain and his crew manage the direction and speed of the ship, as well as other functions of the vessel. Most cruise ship bridges are off limits to passengers, though some lines do offer bridge tours or visits as part of behind-the-scenes ship tours.
How much does cruise ship captains make?
Salary Ranges for Cruise Ship Captains The salaries of Cruise Ship Captains in the US range from $18,053 to $476,518, with a median salary of $86,503. The middle 57% of Cruise Ship Captains makes between $86,503 and $216,093, with the top 86% making $476,518.
Where does the captain sit on a cruise ship?
The bridge is the control room where the captain and crew command the ship. It normally sits on the top or front of the ship and allows for a panoramic view which aids in the maneuvering of the vessel.