- 1 What side of the ship should I be on for an Alaskan cruise?
- 2 What is the best month to go on an Alaska cruise?
- 3 Where does the human waste go on a cruise ship?
- 4 Is food included on Alaska cruises?
- 5 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
- 6 How cold is it on an Alaskan cruise?
- 7 What should you avoid in Alaska?
- 8 What is the rainiest month in Alaska?
- 9 What is the cheapest month to cruise to Alaska?
- 10 What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
- 11 What is the poop cruise?
- 12 Where does the poop go?
- 13 What is a good price for Alaska cruise?
- 14 Can you eat whenever you want on a cruise?
- 15 Do you need a passport to cruise from Seattle to Alaska?
What side of the ship should I be on for an Alaskan cruise?
Northbound Alaska cruises sail up the coastline through the Inside Passage and along Hubbard Glacier, so your best view of Alaska’s scenic landmasses are likely on the starboard side of the ship. Southbound Alaska cruises are the opposite.
What is the best month to go on an Alaska cruise?
Alaska Cruise: When to Go? Alaskan cruise season is May through September with July and August being the highest season attracting the most travelers. Convention holds that the best months to cruise Alaska are July and August when the temperatures are at their highest and the weather is generally sunnier.
Where does the human waste go on a cruise ship?
U.S. law allows cruise ships to dump raw sewage in the ocean once a ship is more than three miles off U.S. shores. Ships can dump treated sewage anywhere in the ocean except in Alaskan waters, where companies must comply with higher state standards.
Is food included on Alaska cruises?
Food and beverages are not included on Alaska Cruise Tours.
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
On shorter sailings, where the amount of overall time you have on the cruise limited, you may find a balcony unnecessary since there is not much to enjoy it. However, if your cruise is 7-nights or longer, that provides significantly more time to relax and enjoy the private balcony area, especially on sea days.
How cold is it on an Alaskan cruise?
What is the best weather for an Alaska cruise? Temperatures can vary anywhere between 30 to 80 degrees throughout the summer travel months – inviting guests to layer on the sweaters and windbreakers as weather can be unpredictable.
What should you avoid in Alaska?
20 Things Everyone In Alaska Should Avoid At All Costs
- Farmed seafood. Flickr – Judi Knight.
- Or buying fish in general.
- Even feeding your dogs farmed fish.
- Eating hot dogs.
- Camping without a view.
- Snacking on chips from the lower 48.
- Shopping at big corporate box stores.
- Drinking wine that isn’t from Alaska.
What is the rainiest month in Alaska?
August is the wettest month in Alaska.
What is the cheapest month to cruise to Alaska?
May or September The very beginning and very end of the Alaska cruise season typically sees the lowest prices for Alaska cruises. Generally speaking, May and September have the coldest temperatures of the Alaska cruise season, and it is also the time of year when school is still in session.
What are the dirtiest cruise ships?
Top 6 Dirtiest Cruise Ships-CDC Publishes Its List
- Oceania Insignia. Oceania Cruises’ Insignia is one of the ships that received a failing score, 80 out of 100, due to issues with maintaining proper pH and halogen levels in its drinking water.
- Silver Wind.
- Silver Spirit.
- Safari Endeavor.
- Norwegian Breakaway.
- Le Boreal.
What is the poop cruise?
While at sea with over 4,200 passengers in February 2013, the ship lost power due to a fire in the engine room, leaving the ship adrift off the coast of Mexico. Passengers later reported sewage backing up onto the floors, leading the media to dub the voyage “the poop cruise.”
Where does the poop go?
The toilet flushes the wastes down the sewer pipe. The sewer pipe from your house also collects and removes other wastes. This might be soapy water from baths and showers, or water left over from washing dishes and clothes. Together, all of these wastes are called “sewage”.
What is a good price for Alaska cruise?
A typical Alaska Cruise can cost between $600 and $5,000 per person, depending on the length of your cruise, the type of cruise you choose, and your room choice. We recommend budgeting an additional $1,000 to $1,500 per person for shore excursions to get the most out of your Alaskan cruise.
Can you eat whenever you want on a cruise?
Yes, food can be delivered to your cabin 24 /7 on most major cruise lines’ ships. Typically, the room service menu features a Continental breakfast (some lines offer a few hot items, sometimes for an extra fee), plus an all-day menu of sandwiches, salads, pizza, perhaps a few hot items or appetizers, and dessert.
Do you need a passport to cruise from Seattle to Alaska?
For “closed-loop” sailings such as Seattle-Alaska cruises that depart and return to the same U.S. port, U.S. officials say that a passport or one of the new alternative documents isn’t required — that a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, are sufficient (those documents are