- 1 Should I get off the boat in Nassau?
- 2 What do you do on a cruise to the Bahamas?
- 3 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 Do you need a passport to get off a cruise ship in Nassau?
- 5 Is Blue Lagoon Island free?
- 6 How much does it cost to go to Blue Lagoon Island?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
- 8 Can you get off a cruise ship in The Bahamas without a passport?
- 9 What is the best month to go on a cruise to The Bahamas?
- 10 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 11 Is Nassau cruise port safe?
- 12 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 Do you need a passport on a Bahamas cruise?
- 14 What cruises can you go on without a passport?
- 15 Do cruises require passports?
Should I get off the boat in Nassau?
If you’re on a three or four-night cruise, we may recommend skipping Nassau and spending time on the ship. If it’s your first time in the Bahamas, you could hop off the boat for a little just to check Nassau off your list of places visited.
What do you do on a cruise to the Bahamas?
This includes sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing and encounters with sea lions, dolphins, stingrays and pigs (yes, swimming pigs). Other cruise ship tours feature glass-bottom and jet boat excursions, catamaran sailings paired with reef snorkeling, deep-sea fishing and exclusive beach days with private cabanas.
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Best Attractions near the Cruise Port in Nassau
- Bahamas Historical Society Museum. Photo courtesy of Bahamas Historical Society Museum.
- National Art Gallery of The Bahamas.
- Christ Church Cathedral.
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Ardastra Gardens Zoo and Conservation Centre.
- Pirates of Nassau.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Junkanoo Expo.
Do you need a passport to get off a cruise ship in Nassau?
Do You Need a Passport to Cruise to the Bahamas? If you are a US citizen, you can take a “closed-loop cruise” (one that begins and ends at the same port) to The Bahamas without a passport. Instead, you’ll need to present another proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID.
Is Blue Lagoon Island free?
All guests that participate in a Dolphin Encounter interactive marine mammal program receive FREE access to our private lagoon beach and facilities. Enjoy the seclusion and natural beauty of Blue Lagoon Island for the day. Water sports, lunch and drinks from our beach bar are available at an additional charge.
How much does it cost to go to Blue Lagoon Island?
Currently, an entrance ticket to Blue Lagoon Island costs USD 85.24. Guided Blue Lagoon Island tours start around USD 85.24 per person.
What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
The cheapest times to cruise are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season. (If you decide to travel then, purchasing cruise insurance is a good idea.) But you can often find other patches of bargain sailings, especially during the early weeks of December and in the spring.
Can you get off a cruise ship in The Bahamas without a passport?
If you are traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise that embarks and ends at the same U.S. port, you can use your government issued driver’s license or birth certificate instead of a passport. This is known as a closed-loop cruise.
What is the best month to go on a cruise to The Bahamas?
The Best Time to Go on a Cruise to the Bahamas for Weather Hurricane season for the Bahamas and the Caribbean lasts from June to November, with peak hurricane season being from August to October.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
See below for my day through Nassau without cruise excursions, and my top 7 things to do on the island!
- Make it into Nassau without buying anything.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Grab a drink at Bahama Rock Cafe.
- Drink a Coconut by the Ocean.
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Fat Tuesday: lunch, drink deals by the beach, and night life!
Is Nassau cruise port safe?
Nassau Cruise Port has been accredited as a “Safe Travels” partner by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). This internationally recognized designation indicates that NCPL has adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of its workforce and visitors to Nassau.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Do you need a passport on a Bahamas cruise?
If you are cruising to the Bahamas from the U.S., the following documents are acceptable: passport book, passport card, Trusted Traveler card (Nexus, SENTRI, or FAST), or an enhanced driver’s license.
What cruises can you go on without a passport?
Places to cruise without a passport include:
- #1. Alaska.
- #2. Bahamas.
- #3. Bermuda.
- #4. Canada & New England.
- #5. Caribbean.
- #6. Mexican Riviera.
- #7. Hawaii.
Do cruises require passports?
For domestic cruises Australian residents must provide Government issued photo I.D or a Passport. International guests on a domestic cruise must have a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date of the cruise return.