- 1 Is it worth working on a cruise ship?
- 2 What are the benefits of working on a cruise ship?
- 3 Is working on a cruise ship a good way to see the world?
- 4 Are cruises a good way to travel?
- 5 Can you get laid on a cruise ship?
- 6 Do cruise employees get free food?
- 7 How many hours a day do you work on a cruise ship?
- 8 How much do you get paid to work on cruise ship?
- 9 Do you get days off on a cruise ship?
- 10 Where do most cruise-ship employees come from?
- 11 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 12 Is it hard to get hired on a cruise-ship?
- 13 Why do people go on cruise vacations?
- 14 Why would you want to go on a cruise?
Is it worth working on a cruise ship?
Not at all. While crew members do work long hours, the staff are treated quite well. Most ships these days offer very high-quality crew accommodation, along with several dining halls, crew bars, crew shops, Internet cafés, coffee bars, crew gyms, and party areas, all specifically for the crew.
What are the benefits of working on a cruise ship?
The Pros of Working on Cruise Ships
- You get paid to travel.
- Little to no cost of living.
- Free medical care.
- Flights to and from the ship are provided.
- Easily rack up airline flight miles.
- Short work commute.
- 6-8 week vacation in between contracts.
- Save money.
Is working on a cruise ship a good way to see the world?
A great way to see the world and get paid at the same time is to work on a cruise ship. However, not all positions are desirable and not all cruise companies are worth your efforts. Many cruise ship jobs will have you working 12-14 hour days, with no time to see the world except through the ship windows.
Are cruises a good way to travel?
Cruising offers great value for vacationers because everything is consolidated into one price: accommodations, transportation, and meals—some packages even include airfare. And the all-inclusive nature of most cruises gives you an unbeatable deal, especially for families.
Can you get laid on a cruise ship?
Can you get laid on a cruise? It’s certainly possible to get laid on a cruise ship. You can boost your chances by booking a fun party cruise or a speciality singles cruise, rather than a cruise ship that has a lot of couples and families on board.
Do cruise employees get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
How many hours a day do you work on a cruise ship?
Your daily work schedule while onboard will depend on your particular position, but you can expect to work seven days a week and anywhere between 10-13 hours per day.
How much do you get paid to work on cruise ship?
So what can you expect to make? The majority of positions are based on an hourly wage and most employment opportunities on a cruise ship earn $1,200-$1,500 a month. There are though, a large number of positions that can make as much as $2,500 a month equating to $13 an hour.
Do you get days off on a cruise ship?
5-No Days Off On most cruises, there are no days off for crew members! Not even Sunday is a day of rest and that’s on a contract that will typically be nine months long. It’s not all work and no play however, as staff and crew tend to work every day on a rotational basis.
Where do most cruise-ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Is it hard to get hired on a cruise-ship?
Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship? It’s always been hard to get a job on a cruise ship, but the global pause in cruising has made it so much harder as there are thousands of experienced cruise ship workers that are now out of work.
Why do people go on cruise vacations?
Many travelers enjoy cruising because it also helps them plan future journeys. Overall, cruising helps solve the great problem that travel lovers face: so many places, so little time. A cruise lets you experience all of the destinations you’ve always dreamed of and discover new treasures along the way.
Why would you want to go on a cruise?
Cruises offer great value for your vacation dollar because the fares include nearly everything you’ll need for a fantastic trip: food, accommodations, daytime and evening entertainment and transportation between destinations.