- 1 Can I use my mobile phone on a cruise ship?
- 2 What is the best way to communicate on a cruise ship?
- 3 Should I put my phone on airplane mode on a cruise?
- 4 How can I communicate on a cruise ship without Wi-Fi?
- 5 How can I text for free on a cruise?
- 6 Is there free WIFI on a cruise ship?
- 7 How do you stay in touch on a cruise ship?
- 8 What apps work for texting on a cruise ship?
- 9 What is Royal iQ?
- 10 Can you text on airplane mode?
- 11 Can you use WiFi with airplane mode?
- 12 How many bags can I bring on a cruise?
- 13 Can you iMessage on a cruise?
- 14 How does cruise ship internet work?
- 15 What kind of plugs are on cruise ships?
Can I use my mobile phone on a cruise ship?
To use your cell phone on your cruise, you have two options — either connect to the ship’s cellular service or connect to the ship’s wi-fi. Both will cost you extra. For traditional cell service, today’s modern cruise ships use providers such as “Cellular at Sea” or “Wireless Maritime Services”.
What is the best way to communicate on a cruise ship?
What is the best way to communicate with friends on a large
- Make a group itinerary.
- Use post-it notes.
- Use in-cabin phones for daily updates.
- Text with walkie-talkies.
- Arrange a familiar meeting place.
- The future of onboard communications.
Should I put my phone on airplane mode on a cruise?
Set Your Phone To avoid unwanted charges, your safest bet onboard your cruise ship is to switch to airplane mode, reactivate your wireless feature and log in to the ship’s Wi-Fi network. (Note: Switching to airplane mode will turn off wireless until you manually reactivate it.)
How can I communicate on a cruise ship without Wi-Fi?
The OceanMedallion device and apps all work without the need for a Wi-Fi package. The technology works without being directly connected to the internet and phones must be kept in airplane mode in order for them to work.
How can I text for free on a cruise?
- Let your phone connect to a maritime network and send text messages as normal.
- Connect to the ship’s wifi and use a messaging app.
- Use a cruise line app to message other people on the ship.
- Wait until your ship is in port.
Is there free WIFI on a cruise ship?
Free wifi will be available in each of the ports that your cruise ship calls at, and it’s usually really easy to find. If you’re happy to check your emails and update your social media only whilst your ship is in port, then this is the best way to get free wifi on your cruise.
How do you stay in touch on a cruise ship?
Staying in touch with your traveling party can be as simple as a magnetic white board attached to your cabin door or as sophisticated as a cruise line-provided app that allows you to call or text people while onboard your cruise ship. All cruise cabins have room phones with a messaging system the same as a hotel.
What apps work for texting on a cruise ship?
Texting on a Cruise: 7 Cruise Line Messaging Apps
- iConcierge, Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Carnival Hub, Carnival Cruise Line.
- Navigator, Disney Cruise Line.
- MSC Traveller Web, MSC Cruises.
- Navigator, Holland America Line.
- [email protected] Messenger, Princess Cruises.
- Royal iQ, Royal Caribbean International.
What is Royal iQ?
Royal iQ is your personal vacation management app that allows you to plan the cruise of a lifetime, and make the most out of your vacation once onboard.
Can you text on airplane mode?
Can I text on an airplane? Yes, but only using a Wi-Fi connection. The ban on using a cellular connection means passengers can’t send SMS texts. Any communication has to be over Wi-Fi with a messaging app that provides similar functionality like iMessage, WhatsApp, or Viber.
Can you use WiFi with airplane mode?
Airplane mode disables the cellular radio so you can’t send or receive voice calls or text messages over cellular. Airplane mode also turns off Wi-Fi. For example, if you are on a commercial flight that has Wi-Fi, you can turn Wi-Fi back on. This doesn’t affect the cellular radio, which is still turned off.
How many bags can I bring on a cruise?
Most cruise lines “encourage” each passenger to limit luggage to two suitcases, each one less than 50 pounds. In addition, you can also bring carry-on luggage (more on that in a moment). While there are no strict restrictions on your checked baggage, you should keep a few common sense items in mind.
Can you iMessage on a cruise?
If you have purchased a cruise ship internet package, you can also use the WhatsApp app, Facebook messenger, or iMessage to communicate via “text” as all of these use data and not cellular coverage. Cruise line apps often include a messaging feature as well (sometimes for free or sometimes for a small charge).
How does cruise ship internet work?
Internet access at sea is much slower and less reliable than on land. Cruise ship internet access works by sending a signal 22,000 miles to a satellite, then 22,000 miles again back to earth. This limits what applications can be used. Generally, high-data applications, such as video and VOIP services do not work.
What kind of plugs are on cruise ships?
Most cruise ships supply both 110VAC and 220VAC power to cabins and public areas. In North America we use 110VAC, and these are the outlets you likely use in your cabin. On almost every cabin I’ve ever had however, there is at least one 220VAC outlet (Type F, as used in most of Europe) near the vanity.