- 1 How much do cruise ship singers make?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 3 How much does a cruise ship performer make a year?
- 4 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 5 Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
- 6 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 7 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 8 How long are cruise ship contracts?
- 9 What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
- 10 What do cruise employees eat?
- 11 Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
- 12 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
How much do cruise ship singers make?
Singers and Musicians A singer can earn from $1,600 to $3,000 per month. On some ships, a lounge singer will make up to $4,800 per month. If part of a band or duet, they can earn upwards of $7,000 and may be expected to play one or several musical instruments.
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How much does a cruise ship performer make a year?
Pay varies tremendously. The standard salary for a performer on a cruise ship depends on the type of performance, your experience, the length of your contract, and cruise liner you will be working for. Generally speaking stage performers make anywhere from $1,600 to as much as $4,000 a month for feature performances.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
How long are cruise ship contracts?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
2. Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers. Filipinos, from the island nation in the South China Sea, are the largest single nationality employed by RCCL. In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees.
What do cruise employees eat?
“Does the crew eat the leftover food?” The crew mess usually dishes up food that foreign crew members like — rice, fish, noodles, hamburgers. They will get leftover passenger food only if it never left the galley. They are never given anything left behind by passengers.
Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
Staff members and officers will live on ‘A-deck’, which is just above the waterline. Most staff will have their own room which means a lot more privacy!
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.