- 1 How do you get a job on a cruise ship?
- 2 Is it easy to get a job on a cruise?
- 3 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 4 Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 6 Do cruise ship workers get paid well?
- 7 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 8 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 9 How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
- 10 What are the possible drawbacks of working in a cruise ship?
- 11 What is the maximum age limit to work on a cruise ship?
How do you get a job on a cruise ship?
While specific position requirements depend on the job you are interested in, there are some essential requirements that all crew must meet to work onboard:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have a US C1/D visa (if you are not a Canadian or US citizen/resident)
Is it easy to get a job on a cruise?
It’s always been hard to get a job on a cruise ship, but the global pause in cruising has made it so much harder as there are thousands of experienced cruise ship workers that are now out of work.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
Is There a Jail Onboard? While cruise lines don’t advertise their onboard policies or facilities for housing criminals, rest assured that every ship has a plan in place. It may involve house arrest in the offender’s cabin with posted guards or actual incarceration in a specific cell.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Do cruise ship workers get paid well?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
What are the possible drawbacks of working in a cruise ship?
The Cons of Working on Cruise Ships
- There are no days off. On ships, weekends and holidays don’t exist.
- You work long hours.
- Contracts are 4-9 months long.
- You’re on call 24/7.
- Small living quarters.
- No privacy.
- It’s like college all over again.
- The food is not the same for crew and guests.
What is the maximum age limit to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.