- 1 Can I work on a cruise ship at 18?
- 2 What is the age limit for cruise ship jobs?
- 3 Can a 16 year old go on a cruise alone?
- 4 How do I get a job on a cruise ship?
- 5 What cruise lines can you work on at 18?
- 6 Do cruise ship employees get free food?
- 7 Do cruise ships hire older workers?
- 8 How much do you get paid to work on a cruise ship?
- 9 What are the qualifications needed for you to work on a cruise?
- 10 Can 18 year olds drink on cruises?
- 11 Can a 20 year old go on a cruise with a 21 year old?
- 12 Can you drink at 18 on Royal Caribbean?
- 13 Which cruise ship pays best?
- 14 Can you work on a cruise ship with a child?
Can I work on a cruise ship at 18?
A: The minimum age to work on a cruise ship is usually either 18 or 21 years old, depending on the cruise line, cruise ship and position you are applying for. Many cruise lines and beach resorts will require you to be at least 21 if you are serving alcoholic beverages.
What is the age limit for cruise ship jobs?
There is no strict age limit; however there are certain guide lines related to recommended age of applicants for shipboard employment. All applicants with no exception must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
Can a 16 year old go on a cruise alone?
Rules for cruising alone: Passengers must be 18 years old to travel on their own. Travelers ages 16 and younger cannot book a cabin without an adult 18 or over traveling in the same room. Minimum age to leave the ship on your own: Passengers must be 18 or older to go on a ship-sponsored shore excursion on their own.
How do I get a job on a cruise ship?
Basic Requirements for Working on Cruise Ships
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have the relevant visa or work permit – depending on where you are from and which countries you will be travelling to:
- Meet the language requirements relevant to your position.
What cruise lines can you work on at 18?
US-based cruise lines such as Lindblad Expeditions and American Cruise Lines have a minimum age to work onboard as 18 years old. Norwegian Cruise Line’s Pride of America is a US-flagged ship and they also have a minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
Do cruise ship employees get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Do cruise ships hire older workers?
Typically, applicants must be single males age 40 or older. If you apply, know that you’ll be scrutinized closely for poise and conversation skills. One noteworthy rule: Sex with passengers is not allowed. It will get you thrown off the ship and in possible legal trouble.
How much do you get paid to work on a cruise ship?
So what can you expect to make? The majority of positions are based on an hourly wage and most employment opportunities on a cruise ship earn $1,200-$1,500 a month. There are though, a large number of positions that can make as much as $2,500 a month equating to $13 an hour.
What are the qualifications needed for you to work on a cruise?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Can 18 year olds drink on cruises?
All passengers must be 21 years old to drink alcohol on all cruises, and 18 to gamble in the casino or occupy a cabin alone.
Can a 20 year old go on a cruise with a 21 year old?
No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest’s age is established upon the first date of sailing.
Can you drink at 18 on Royal Caribbean?
The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America or the Caribbean is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).
Which cruise ship pays best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Can you work on a cruise ship with a child?
Children’s workers: Many cruise lines offer children’s programs and require the services of responsible adults who are capable of caring for kids and teens during both day and evening hours. Medical staff: Cruise ships usually have at least one physician and registered nurse on board.