- 1 Do cruise ship workers make good money?
- 2 Which cruise line pays the most?
- 3 Is it worth working on a cruise ship?
- 4 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 5 Do cruise ship employees get days off?
- 6 Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
- 7 What is the number 1 cruise line?
- 8 Which is the cleanest cruise line?
- 9 What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
- 10 Is it hard to get hired on a cruise ship?
- 11 Can you get laid on a cruise ship?
- 12 How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
- 13 What do cruise employees eat?
- 14 What are the possible drawbacks of working in a cruise ship?
- 15 What does the crew eat on a cruise ship?
Do cruise ship workers make good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
Which cruise line pays the most?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Is it worth working on a cruise ship?
Not at all. While crew members do work long hours, the staff are treated quite well. Most ships these days offer very high-quality crew accommodation, along with several dining halls, crew bars, crew shops, Internet cafés, coffee bars, crew gyms, and party areas, all specifically for the crew.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Do cruise ship employees get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
Staff members and officers will live on ‘A-deck’, which is just above the waterline. Most staff will have their own room which means a lot more privacy!
What is the number 1 cruise line?
Large Ship Line #1: Disney Cruise Line.
Which is the cleanest cruise line?
Taken together, the five scores come out to a 98.4 average inspection score, making Viking the cleanest cruise line based on inspection scores. Seabourn – While Viking Ocean Cruises took top honors, Seabourn wasn’t far behind. The average score on this luxury cruise line was a 98.3.
What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
The cheapest times to cruise are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season. (If you decide to travel then, purchasing cruise insurance is a good idea.) But you can often find other patches of bargain sailings, especially during the early weeks of December and in the spring.
Is it hard to get hired on a cruise ship?
Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship? It’s always been hard to get a job on a cruise ship, but the global pause in cruising has made it so much harder as there are thousands of experienced cruise ship workers that are now out of work.
Can you get laid on a cruise ship?
Can you get laid on a cruise? It’s certainly possible to get laid on a cruise ship. You can boost your chances by booking a fun party cruise or a speciality singles cruise, rather than a cruise ship that has a lot of couples and families on board.
How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
What do cruise employees eat?
“Does the crew eat the leftover food?” The crew mess usually dishes up food that foreign crew members like — rice, fish, noodles, hamburgers. They will get leftover passenger food only if it never left the galley. They are never given anything left behind by passengers.
What are the possible drawbacks of working in a cruise ship?
The Cons of Working on Cruise Ships
- There are no days off. On ships, weekends and holidays don’t exist.
- You work long hours.
- Contracts are 4-9 months long.
- You’re on call 24/7.
- Small living quarters.
- No privacy.
- It’s like college all over again.
- The food is not the same for crew and guests.
What does the crew eat on a cruise ship?
There will be vegetarian dishes as well as meats – fish, pork, beef and chicken mostly. You may also find turkey. A midnight buffet is also available for those on odd shifts. A full range of fast food such as hot dogs, burgers, pizzas and more are made available for crew.