- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 Can you make good money working on a cruise ship?
- 3 How do I get a job on a cruise ship performance?
- 4 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 6 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 7 What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
- 8 Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
- 9 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 10 Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
- 11 What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
- 12 What are the most fun jobs?
- 13 How much do cruise singers get paid?
- 14 How long are cruise ship contracts for performers?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Can you make good money working on a cruise ship?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
How do I get a job on a cruise ship performance?
Many cruise lines will contact specific entertainers they want, reaching out to them directly or through a service like GigSalad. However, you can also take the initiative and chase down the gig yourself. You can apply directly to the cruise ship lines or work with an agency to guarantee a place on a ship.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
Staff members and officers will live on ‘A-deck’, which is just above the waterline. Most staff will have their own room which means a lot more privacy!
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
Do I pay tax working on a cruise ship? HM Revenue and Customs spokesman replies: If it’s less than or equal to your allowances, you shouldn’t be paying tax and may be due a refund.
What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
2. Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers. Filipinos, from the island nation in the South China Sea, are the largest single nationality employed by RCCL. In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees.
What are the most fun jobs?
12 of the most fun jobs in every field
- Video game designer. National average salary: $10.80 per hour.
- Fashion consultant. National average salary: $10.87 per hour.
- Radio announcer. National average salary: $13.61 per hour.
- Event planner.
- Race car driving instructor.
- Pet groomer.
- Race car mechanic.
How much do cruise singers get paid?
Musicians – The salary for cruise ship musicians starts at $1,400 per month for Caribbean Calypso band members up to $3,500 per month for piano bar entertainers. Dancers – Cruise ship dancers who perform in the various productions make between $2,400 and $3,800 per month.
How long are cruise ship contracts for performers?
Cruise ship performers get paid to travel the world and perform in front of millions of cruise goers. They’re serious athletes from all over the world — Olympians, world champions, and professionals. The job requires 11-month contracts, performing six-days a week without a single holiday.