- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How much do you make working on a cruise ship?
- 3 How do I start working on a cruise ship?
- 4 What are the best cruise ship jobs?
- 5 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 6 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 7 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 8 What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
- 9 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
- 10 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 11 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
- 12 What types of jobs are available in cruise?
- 13 How many hours do cruise ship employees work?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How much do you make working on a cruise ship?
If the crew worked 10 months a year, $9320 of their annual salary would be made up of gratuities. According to the crew handbook by Cruise Staff, a cruise ship employment service, the expected salary range for cabin stewards is US$700 to US$1800 ($1004 to $2583).
How do I start working on a cruise ship?
Reach out to friends, family members, crew forums and do some You Tube searches on cruise ship jobs and employment. Contact your country’s official hiring partners and speak with a Cruise Ship Employment Specialist. These specialists have not only worked onboard but has also been involved with recruitment as well.
What are the best cruise ship jobs?
9 Best Jobs on a Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Captain. The cruise ship captain serves as the overall leader of the cruise.
- Gentleman Host. A gentleman host is one of the best jobs on a cruise ship for guys who love to dance.
- Shore Excursions Manager.
- Youth Counselor.
- Social Hosts and Hostess.
- Cruise Director.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
What types of jobs are available in cruise?
Commonly Available Positions on Cruise Ships:
- Deck Crew.
- Cruise Directors.
- Disc Jockeys.
- Expedition Leaders.
- Hosts and Hostesses.
- Shore Excursion Managers.
- Water Sports Instructors.
How many hours do cruise ship employees work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.