- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How do I start working on a cruise ship?
- 3 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 4 Do you get days off working on a cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 6 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
- 7 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 8 Where do workers sleep on a cruise ship?
- 9 Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
- 10 How long are cruise ship contracts?
- 11 Can you work at Disney with tattoos?
- 12 Are tattoos acceptable in Dubai?
- 13 What is the difference between crew and staff on a cruise ship?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How do I start working on a cruise ship?
Reach out to friends, family members, crew forums and do some You Tube searches on cruise ship jobs and employment. Contact your country’s official hiring partners and speak with a Cruise Ship Employment Specialist. These specialists have not only worked onboard but has also been involved with recruitment as well.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
Do you get days off working on a cruise ship?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Where do workers sleep on a cruise ship?
Unlike guest staterooms, crew cabins are pretty small and usually located on deck 0, or below the sea level – deck A and B. Most of the crew cabins don’t have portholes (windows) – this luxury is reserved for some staff and officers – so for first-time crew members this might be a little confusing.
Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
Do I pay tax working on a cruise ship? HM Revenue and Customs spokesman replies: If it’s less than or equal to your allowances, you shouldn’t be paying tax and may be due a refund.
How long are cruise ship contracts?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
Can you work at Disney with tattoos?
Visible tattoos are permitted, with the exception of placement on the face, head or neck. Tattoos must be no larger than the Cast Member’s hand when fully extended with the fingers held together.
Are tattoos acceptable in Dubai?
In Dubai, only tattoos for medical purposes are allowed and such services are being licensed by Dubai Health Authority (DHA). Medical tattoos either serve as warnings for first aid providers of a person’s medical condition or cover a scarred portion of the body. “It [tattooing] is not a question of legality.
What is the difference between crew and staff on a cruise ship?
In the middle are staff members, which include workers in entertainment, retail, and guest services. At the bottom are crew members, who are generally responsible for serving guests. They include servers, bartenders, and cleaning staff.