- 1 Why are irons not allowed on cruise ships?
- 2 What is prohibited on a cruise ship?
- 3 Can you take vodka on a cruise ship?
- 4 Are there liquid restrictions on cruises?
- 5 How do you get wrinkles out of clothes on a cruise?
- 6 What should you not wear on a cruise?
- 7 Can I take hair straighteners on a cruise ship?
- 8 Can you bring your own snacks on a cruise?
- 9 How do you sneak alcohol onto a P&O cruise?
- 10 Do cruise ships search your luggage?
- 11 Can I buy alcohol in ports on cruise?
- 12 Can cruise ship scanners detect alcohol?
- 13 How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
Why are irons not allowed on cruise ships?
1. Irons. Clothing irons and steamers aren’t allowed on cruise ships because they present a fire hazard. Almost every cruise ship in the world offers some sort of laundry service onboard if you need it, and there’s also wrinkle release spray if you’d prefer a cheaper and easier alternative.
What is prohibited on a cruise ship?
- Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
- Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors.
- Illegal Drugs & Substances.
- CBD Oil / CBD Products.
- Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates.
Can you take vodka on a cruise ship?
Mainstream cruise lines prohibit passengers from bringing their own liquor, beer and other alcohol (with the exception of wine or Champagne) on ships.
Are there liquid restrictions on cruises?
It’s the rule that you can only bring liquids three ounces or less in a one quart plastic bag, with one bag per passenger. For everyone’s sanity, this rule does not apply to cruise ships. Bring shampoo from home or a bottle of hairspray or a full-sized tube of toothpaste.
How do you get wrinkles out of clothes on a cruise?
Wrinkle release spray won’t make your clothing look as crisp as an iron would, but I always take it when I travel to remove the worst of the wrinkles. Simply spray your garment lightly, tug the wrinkles out, and hang to dry.
What should you not wear on a cruise?
Don’t wear flip flops, sleeveless shirts (for men), cut-off jeans, T-shirts or gym shorts. If you want to attend a “cruise elegant” evening, bring a fancier, more formal outfit.
Can I take hair straighteners on a cruise ship?
Can I take hair straighteners on a cruise? Yes, you can. Most ships will have 220v sockets in the cabin though on some you will need to take a travel adaptor for UK plugs.
Can you bring your own snacks on a cruise?
Yes, cruise lines allow you to bring snacks on board, provided they are non-perishable. In other words, you’re welcome to bring pre-packaged snacks and treats for you or your kids to eat onboard your cruise. Please note that you can’t bring can’t bring any homemade foods, meats, fruits or cheeses on a cruise.
How do you sneak alcohol onto a P&O cruise?
The top 10 ways to sneak alcohol on a cruise:
- Shampoo bottles.
- Mouthwash bottles.
- Wine bottles.
- Rum runners.
- Tampon flasks.
- Fake beer belly.
- Wine rack bra.
- Binocular flask.
Do cruise ships search your luggage?
All checked bags on cruise ships are scanned. Passengers must pass through an airport-style detector but do not have to remove shoes; they will have a digital photo taken. Any sealed alcohol usually is confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise, both at home port and ports of call during the journey.
Can I buy alcohol in ports on cruise?
Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or onboard shops will be held by the ship and delivered to the guest’s cabin on the last day of the sailing. Extra fees – Wine is subject to a $25 corkage fee per bottle when consumed in public areas.
Can cruise ship scanners detect alcohol?
Just like when you go through the airport security, the cruise terminal security is the same. The security agents are like bloodhounds trying to sniff out liquor, so don’t try it. 2. The agents at the cruise terminal are onto it and will open the bottles to make sure it doesn’t smell like booze.
How much cash should you bring on a cruise?
So How Much Cash Should I Take on a Cruise? As a general rule, plan to have $50 to $100 each day in the local currency. Also, you may want to bring an extra $20 a day for tipping crew members. Make sure to include smaller bills for tips.