- 1 Where do the cruise ships dock in Montego Bay?
- 2 Where does the cruise ship dock in Jamaica?
- 3 What is the best cruise port in Jamaica?
- 4 How many cruise ports are in Jamaica?
- 5 Can you walk around Montego Bay?
- 6 Is it safe to walk in Ocho Rios?
- 7 Are there pirates in Jamaica?
- 8 What cruise takes you to Jamaica?
- 9 Where in Jamaica is Blue Hole?
- 10 Is Falmouth in Montego Bay?
- 11 Are cruise ships docking in Jamaica?
- 12 What is a pirate port in Jamaica?
- 13 Do you need a passport for a cruise to Jamaica?
- 14 What is in Port Montego Bay?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Montego Bay?
Location: As many as four cruise ships can dock at the pier in Montego Bay’s Freeport zone, about 3 mi/5 km west of downtown. The city spreads east and north around the harbor from the Freeport zone past the town center and the tourist district.
Where does the cruise ship dock in Jamaica?
Cruise ships dock in what is known as Montego Bay Freeport which is around 3 miles (5 km) to the west of the second largest city in Jamaica. With 6 berths, the Port receives as many as 4 cruise ships per day – although this rare.
What is the best cruise port in Jamaica?
The Jamaican cruise ship ports of Falmouth and Ocho Rios have been named among the top favorite destinations by travelers. Jamaica is a very popular stop on cruise ship itineraries. Falmouth is the newest such port on the island and has been called “super fancy.”
How many cruise ports are in Jamaica?
Your Gateway to Cruising Around Jamaica. The heartbeat of the world is connected to the sea via five ports in the cities of Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Falmouth, Port Antonio, and Kingston. These cruise ports in Jamaica are equipped to handle colossal passenger ships and boutique yachts.
Can you walk around Montego Bay?
It is extremely safe to walk around. There are other parts of Montego Bay that are not the best but it is highly unlikely you’d go there.
Is it safe to walk in Ocho Rios?
Ocho Rios is one of the relatively safer parts of Jamaica. Even so, take extra care to avoid crime when traveling to Ocho Rios. Don’t walk or drive at night, stay off public buses, and avoid secluded areas or traveling alone.
Are there pirates in Jamaica?
During the years between English conquest and the 1800s, the island became a hotbed for piracy, much of centering in port town Port Royal. In most cases, Jamaican pirates of the 17th and 18th century began as sailors or serving in a navy before graduating to piracy.
What cruise takes you to Jamaica?
Cruises to Montego Bay, Jamaica | Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Where in Jamaica is Blue Hole?
The Blue Hole—alternatively known as the Cool Blue Hole, Secret Falls, or Island Gully—is a natural limestone sinkhole near Ocho Rios. A deep cavern within the tropical mountains of Jamaica, the Blue Hole gets its name from the deep azure hue of the water.
Is Falmouth in Montego Bay?
Falmouth, Jamaica is not a cruise destination to be missed. It’s conveniently located between the popular Montego Bay which is 18 miles to the east and Ocho Rios which is 59 miles to the west. The port also holds the common Caribbean beauty and charm that we have all come to love.
Are cruise ships docking in Jamaica?
Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Jamaica as Island Reopens to Cruise Industry. Cruising returned to Jamaica this morning at 07:30 AM local time as Carnival Sunrise docked in the port of Ocho Rios. The Carnival cruise ship became the first to visit the island since it shut down last year for all cruise operations.
What is a pirate port in Jamaica?
1. Port Royal. During the “Golden Age of Piracy” in the late 17th and early 18th centuries, Port Royal, Jamaica stood as one of the most popular ports of call for thieves, prostitutes and pirates of every stripe.
Do you need a passport for a cruise to Jamaica?
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. If you are traveling to Jamaica on a cruise, you may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
What is in Port Montego Bay?
11 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Montego Bay
- Martha Brae River Rafting. Martha Brae River Rafting.
- Doctor’s Cave Beach. Doctor’s Cave Beach.
- Rose Hall Great House.
- Dunn’s River Falls & Nine Mile Day Trip.
- Jungle Ziplining Tours.
- Croydon Plantation.
- Greenwood Great House.
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary.