- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How do I get a job on a cruise ship performance?
- 3 How much is the salary of Seaman in cruise ship?
- 4 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 5 What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
- 6 What are the most fun jobs?
- 7 How much do Royal Caribbean performers get paid?
- 8 How long are cruise ship contracts for performers?
- 9 What is the salary of seaman Captain?
- 10 What cruise line pays the best?
- 11 Can you work at Disney with tattoos?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How do I get a job on a cruise ship performance?
Many cruise lines will contact specific entertainers they want, reaching out to them directly or through a service like GigSalad. However, you can also take the initiative and chase down the gig yourself. You can apply directly to the cruise ship lines or work with an agency to guarantee a place on a ship.
How much is the salary of Seaman in cruise ship?
Ordinary Seaman (OS) Salary Range: $1200 to 1800 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line and time served with the company. Possibilities for promotion to Able Seaman position.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
What are the most fun jobs?
12 of the most fun jobs in every field
- Video game designer. National average salary: $10.80 per hour.
- Fashion consultant. National average salary: $10.87 per hour.
- Radio announcer. National average salary: $13.61 per hour.
- Event planner.
- Race car driving instructor.
- Pet groomer.
- Race car mechanic.
How much do Royal Caribbean performers get paid?
Royal Caribbean Group Salary FAQs The salary trajectory of a Performer ranges between locations and employers. The salary starts at $88,577 per year and goes up to $67,175 per year for the highest level of seniority.
How long are cruise ship contracts for performers?
Cruise ship performers get paid to travel the world and perform in front of millions of cruise goers. They’re serious athletes from all over the world — Olympians, world champions, and professionals. The job requires 11-month contracts, performing six-days a week without a single holiday.
What is the salary of seaman Captain?
Industry. In 2017, the average pay for a ship captain was $80,970. The highest earners garnered $138,620 and the lowest reported salary for a ship captain was $35,640. Inland water transportation captains have the highest earning potential.
What cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Can you work at Disney with tattoos?
Visible tattoos are permitted, with the exception of placement on the face, head or neck. Tattoos must be no larger than the Cast Member’s hand when fully extended with the fingers held together.