- 1 How do I get from Athens airport to cruise terminal?
- 2 How much is a taxi from Athens airport to Kalamata?
- 3 Where do cruise ships dock in Athens?
- 4 Which ferry port is closest to Athens airport?
- 5 How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens airport?
- 6 Which area of Athens is best to stay in?
- 7 How do I get from Athens to Kalamata?
- 8 Is Athens a walkable city?
- 9 What should I not miss in Athens?
- 10 Is there Uber in Athens Greece?
- 11 Should you book Greek ferries in advance?
- 12 How long is the ferry from Athens to Santorini?
How do I get from Athens airport to cruise terminal?
Taking an Athens airport taxi is the fastest and most convenient transfer option, but costs 54-70€. A cheaper option is the bus, which costs only 6€, but takes over an hour. The final transfer option is the metro. This mode of transport costs 10€ one-way and takes around 85 minutes to reach Piraeus port.
How much is a taxi from Athens airport to Kalamata?
A shared taxi could cost around 50 euros but one passenger might have to pay 200 euros. Philhellene’s suggestion is certainly the most convenient and comfortable. The alternative is the X93 shuttle bus from from outside airport arrivals, terminating inside the Kiffisos Intercity bus station(€5).
Where do cruise ships dock in Athens?
Cruise ships dock at the New Passenger Terminal, one mile from the center of Piraeus and eight miles from Athens. The 3 terminals A- Miaoulos and B- Themistocles and C- Alkimos are less than a half kilometer apart. Free shuttles, if you are docked further away will drop you off at the main cruise terminals buildings.
Which ferry port is closest to Athens airport?
Piraeus ferry port is located about 14km south of central Athens and 35km west of the Athens International Airport. Piraeus is well-connected to central Athens and the airport via reliable metro, train, and bus service. Athens has a second ferry port called Rafina.
How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens airport?
Piraeus Taxi A taxi from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport costs 45 € during the day and 60 € between midnight and 5:00 a.m. Taxis from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport are the same price. The pricing is set and includes everything (VAT, tolls, lagguge cost, pets etc).
Which area of Athens is best to stay in?
Best Areas to Stay in Athens?
- The Best Neighborhoods in Athens are Plaka, Monastiraki, Koukaki, Syntagma, Kolonaki, and Psirri.
- Best Places for Sightseeing: Most neighborhoods in Athens have at least a few attractions, whether museums or ruins, but Plaka and Monastiraki neighborhoods have the most.
How do I get from Athens to Kalamata?
The quickest way to get from Athens to Kalamata is to drive which costs €30 – €45 and takes 2h 35m. Is there a direct bus between Athens and Kalamata? Yes, there is a direct bus departing from Athens and arriving at Kalamata.
Is Athens a walkable city?
Athens is a walkable city and its historic center is easy to navigate, while public transport is affordable. Stroll along the pedestrianized grand promenade, created as part of city refurbishment ahead of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games. It snakes around the Acropolis and links key archaeological sites.
What should I not miss in Athens?
Best things to do in Athens
- The Acropolis. What is it?
- The National Gardens. What is it?
- Museum of Cycladic Art. What is it?
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) What is it?
- Monastiraki Neighbourhood. What is it?
- Varvakios Agora. What is it?
- Lycabettus Hill. What is it?
- Plaka Neighbourhood. What is it?
Is there Uber in Athens Greece?
Uber operates two services in Athens: UberX, which uses professional licensed drivers, and UberTAXI, which uses taxi drivers. The new regulations require each trip to start and end in the fleet partner’s designated headquarters or parking area, something Uber does not do.
Should you book Greek ferries in advance?
Greek Island Ferries – Essential Info But for peace of mind, book tickets 2 to 3 months in advance. If a ticket purchased online doesn’t have a barcode that usually means you’ll need to pick up a real ticket when in Greece. This is most often done at the ferry port 30 to 45 minutes before departure.
How long is the ferry from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.