- 1 How do you become a deck officer on a cruise ship?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to be a deck officer?
- 3 How much do deck officers earn?
- 4 How much does a first officer on a cruise ship make?
- 5 Who does the cruise director report to?
- 6 Who comes after the captain on a ship?
- 7 Can a GP rating become an officer?
- 8 Can a Merchant Navy officer take his wife on ship?
- 9 Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
- 10 How much does Captain of cruise ship earn?
- 11 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
- 12 What does a deck officer do?
- 13 What is the retirement age of merchant navy?
- 14 What is the maximum age to join merchant navy?
How do you become a deck officer on a cruise ship?
4 Ways To Become A Deck Officer in Merchant Navy
- B.S. Nautical Technology. This is a 3+1 years course that is available only in India.
- B.Sc. Nautical Science.
- HND Nautical Science. HND stands for the Higher National Diploma.
- Diploma in Nautical Science. This is a 1 year course under the Indian Maritime University.
What qualifications do you need to be a deck officer?
You’ll usually need:
- 1 or 2 A levels, or equivalent, for a foundation degree or higher national diploma.
- 2 to 3 A levels, or equivalent, for a degree.
How much do deck officers earn?
Average starting salaries, when qualified, are £22,000 to £30,000 a year for a third officer, rising to £34,000 to £42,000 for a second officer. Chief officers can earn up to around £55,000 a year and masters (captains) can earn up to £80,000 or more a year.
How much does a first officer on a cruise ship make?
The salary trajectory of a First Officer ranges between locations and employers. The salary starts at $97,160 per year and goes up to $85,061 per year for the highest level of seniority.
Who does the cruise director report to?
The cruise director reports to the hotel director, has a deputy or assistant cruise director, and is supported by a team of entertainment staff. Responsibilities of a cruise director may include: Scheduling of entertainment, activities and social events. Officer in charge of entertainment staff.
Who comes after the captain on a ship?
Chief Officer / First Mate Chief officer occupies the second responsible position after the Captain of the vessel. He is the executive head of the deck department and executes the order of the Master at the operational level (although the rank itself is a more managerial position).
Can a GP rating become an officer?
GP Rating to Deck Officer / Captain: Yes you can become an Officer after GP Rating course but only if you met the required criteria. Like to give exam you need minimum 50% marks in English language but for GP Rating course the requirement was only 40%, so if you don’t have 50% in English you cant give exams from India.
People working at sea have the option of taking their wife or family onboard. In fact some of the shipping company covers all the expenses occurred during your family travelling with you to make their officers jovial about sailing.
Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
How much does Captain of cruise ship earn?
Salary Ranges for Cruise Ship Captains The salaries of Cruise Ship Captains in the US range from $18,053 to $476,518, with a median salary of $86,503. The middle 57% of Cruise Ship Captains makes between $86,503 and $216,093, with the top 86% making $476,518.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
What does a deck officer do?
Deck officers maintain watches on the bridge at sea and about the ship in port. They are responsible for passage planning, safe navigation of the vessel, cargo loading and discharge, ship stability, communications and maintenance of the hull and deck equipment.
The maximum age for retirement is 60. Captain who are still serving and are 60+. Hope helpful.
AGE: The minimum age is 17 years and the maximum is 25 years to be eligible for examinations pertaining to the merchant navy. As per the Government rules, the maximum age relaxation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is 5 years. PHYSICAL FITNESS: Physical fitness is of utmost importance for a career at sea.