- 1 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
- 2 How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
- 3 How much money do you make working on a cruise ship?
- 4 What grades do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 5 What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
- 6 Which cruise line pays the most?
- 7 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 8 Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
- 9 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
- 10 Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
- 11 How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
- 12 What is the maximum age limit to work on a cruise ship?
- 13 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 14 What qualifications do I need to work on a cruise?
- 15 What are the job opportunities in cruise ship?
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
In a nutshell: cruise ship work is actually really difficult. To be honest, it’s already hard enough to work at a restaurant on land. But at sea, it’s a whole other story. In fact, most cruise ship servers have to take care of up to 30 diners at the exact same time.
How much money do you make working on a cruise ship?
So what can you expect to make? The majority of positions are based on an hourly wage and most employment opportunities on a cruise ship earn $1,200-$1,500 a month. There are though, a large number of positions that can make as much as $2,500 a month equating to $13 an hour.
What grades do you need to work on a cruise ship?
Entry requirements You’ll usually need: 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course.
What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Which cruise line pays the most?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
Is There a Jail Onboard? While cruise lines don’t advertise their onboard policies or facilities for housing criminals, rest assured that every ship has a plan in place. It may involve house arrest in the offender’s cabin with posted guards or actual incarceration in a specific cell.
How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
What is the maximum age limit to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
What qualifications do I need to work on a cruise?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
What are the job opportunities in cruise ship?
Commonly Available Positions on Cruise Ships:
- Deck Crew.
- Cruise Directors.
- Disc Jockeys.
- Expedition Leaders.
- Hosts and Hostesses.
- Shore Excursion Managers.
- Water Sports Instructors.