- 1 What is the cheapest way to rent a car in Maui?
- 2 Are rental cars available on Maui?
- 3 Is a rental car necessary in Maui?
- 4 Where does the cruise ship dock in Maui?
- 5 What is the best way to rent a car in Maui?
- 6 How many days do you need in Maui?
- 7 Why are there no rental cars available in Maui?
- 8 Is there Uber in Maui 2021?
- 9 How do you get around Hawaii without a car in Maui?
- 10 How much money do I need for a week in Maui?
- 11 Is there Uber in Maui Hi?
- 12 Is it easy to Uber in Maui?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Maui?
- 14 Is there a hop on hop off bus in Maui?
- 15 Where do cruise ships tender in Lahaina?
What is the cheapest way to rent a car in Maui?
The cheapest way to rent a car in Maui is to look for smaller models, such as economy or compact cars. You can find rentals for as low as. (Airport rental locations are typically more expensive than other locations on the island.) Now round out your budget-friendly trip with cheap eats in Maui.
Are rental cars available on Maui?
Car Rental Locations in Maui A rental car from Enterprise Rent-A-Car is perfect for exploring all that Maui has to offer. Visit one of our many convenient neighborhood car rental locations on the island or rent a car at Kahului Airport (OGG).
Is a rental car necessary in Maui?
A rental car is necessary on Maui when you are planning on seeing all the island has to offer. Since Maui is such a large island, taking taxis or Ubers becomes prohibitively expensive compared to getting a rental car. From these locations, renting a car is a must to save money compared to taking a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.
Where does the cruise ship dock in Maui?
Cruise ships dock at Kahului, Maui’s commercial hub on the east side of the island. Though the pier is in an industrial area, there’s not much to see within walking distance. The neighboring town of Wailuku is the county seat.
What is the best way to rent a car in Maui?
Maui Car Rental 14 ways to get a great price
- Compare several companies.
- Avoid additional charges after you return home.
- Check Cheap Maui Car Rental.
- Use AAA or AARP.
- Recheck, recheck, recheck.
- Try Costco or Sam’s.
- Avoid spouse charges.
- Avoid airport fees.
How many days do you need in Maui?
The average visitor to Maui spends 8.1 days on the island. How long you should stay depends on what you want to do, but you should plan to spend a minimum of five days on Maui.
Why are there no rental cars available in Maui?
Here’s a screenshot of a search for a car on Maui for April 15, 2021. The shortage of cars is due to rental car companies selling off approximately 40% of their fleet when demand fell drastically in 2020. We did a quick search for a Maui hotel-only booking and a hotel plus car booking for the same date of April 15.
Is there Uber in Maui 2021?
Uber/Lyft: Both ride-sharing services are available on Maui but sometimes it’s hard to find a driver.
How do you get around Hawaii without a car in Maui?
How to Get Around Maui Without a Car
- Consider changing your location. Hear me out on this before you give a definitive no.
- Use tour companies to get around.
- Use the Lahaina shuttle.
- Use a grocery delivery service.
- Book a car for day excursions.
- Consider a moped or bike rental.
- Explore your area.
- Try Uber, Lyft, and taxis.
How much money do I need for a week in Maui?
So, a trip to Maui for two people for one week costs on average $3,030. All of these average travel prices have been collected from other travelers to help you plan your own travel budget. A vacation to Maui for one week usually costs around $1,515 for one person.
Is there Uber in Maui Hi?
Ride -sharing services Uber and Lyft also operate in Maui. Many hotels and resorts – especially those in popular tourist areas like Wailea and West Maui — offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport as well as to nearby attractions and shopping areas.
Is it easy to Uber in Maui?
It may also be difficult to catch an Uber in remote areas of the island because of a lack of cell phone reception, which does occur in many visitor destinations, such as Hana and parts of West Maui.
What is the best month to go to Maui?
The best times to visit Maui are April through May and September through November. The spring and fall shoulder seasons provide the pleasant weather Hawaii vacationers seek without the high rates and heavy crowds that accompany the summer and winter.
Is there a hop on hop off bus in Maui?
Hula Hula Hopper is the classic hop-on hop-off bus that connects with Kahului and Lahaina Harbors, serving passengers on port days. Connecting them to some of Maui’s most beautiful sites.
Where do cruise ships tender in Lahaina?
Cruise ships anchor in the Lahaina harbor and tender passengers to the old whaling town in the heart of touristy West Maui. You can walk from the dock to restaurants and shops, or take a taxi to nearby beaches. The Lahaina Visitors Center is located across the harbor.