- 1 What should you wear to an audition?
- 2 How much do dancers on a cruise ship make?
- 3 How do you audition to dance on a cruise ship?
- 4 What are the most standard items to arrive with at an audition?
- 5 Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
- 6 Can you wear jeans to an audition?
- 7 Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
- 8 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 9 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 10 Is it hard to become a cruise ship dancer?
- 11 How do you become a performer on a cruise ship?
- 12 How tall are cruise dancers?
- 13 What should you not sing at an audition?
- 14 What is the best color to wear to an audition?
- 15 What should you not do in a musical audition?
What should you wear to an audition?
What to Wear to an Audition
- Be comfortable.
- Lean towards what you’re auditioning for.
- Don’t wear all black.
- Use colour and style to help yourself stand out in a crowd.
- If it’s a dance call, wear something that shows the lines of your body.
- Take your dance shoes with you.
- BEWARE OF HEELS.
How much do dancers on a cruise ship make?
Dancers can make $2,000-4,000 per month, depending on the cruise line and factors like seniority and special abilities (dance captains make more). Most cruise ship dance jobs cover room, food, transportation and primary health services while the dancer is working on the ship.
How do you audition to dance on a cruise ship?
10 ways to ace your cruise ship audition
- #1. Look the part, but don’t come in costume.
- #2. Professional head shots.
- #3. A ‘best of’ resume.
- #4. Know your song and/or routine REALLY well.
- #5. Be open.
- #6. Have some vocal training.
- #7. You get brownie points for additional skills.
- #8. Video audition dos.
What are the most standard items to arrive with at an audition?
There is no universal rule on what you should wear to auditions. That is because you shouldn’t dress the same way for every audition. Below is a list of items you should bring with you to all auditions:
- Headshot and resume.
- Dance shoes.
- Knee pads.
- Phone charger and portable charger.
- Safety pins!
Is it OK to wear black to an audition?
Wear something that makes you look and feel great. If it’s on camera, try to wear solid colors (no sparkles or logos). Try to stay away from bright white and tiny stripes (which have a psychedelic effect when you move). For drama, wear darker colors or earth tones.
Can you wear jeans to an audition?
Keep It Casual You don’t need to dress like you’re going in for a corporate interview here. Your clothes shouldn’t be a wrinkled mess, but you also shouldn’t be wearing business attire to an audition. A good pair of jeans can go a long way, and it’s worth investing in a pair for auditions alone.
Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Is it hard to become a cruise ship dancer?
You get about 1 month rehearsal before the ship departs so that we can learn the choreography. At the beginning it is difficult to dance on a ship with the movement, but you get used to it pretty quickly. There was this one time when the sea was particularly rough that it felt like my knees were going to give out!
How do you become a performer on a cruise ship?
Many cruise lines will contact specific entertainers they want, reaching out to them directly or through a service like GigSalad. However, you can also take the initiative and chase down the gig yourself. You can apply directly to the cruise ship lines or work with an agency to guarantee a place on a ship.
How tall are cruise dancers?
Dancers must also have a natural propensity for entertaining and musicality. Females should be between 5 feet 3 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall, and males should be between 5 feet 7 inches and 6 feet 1 inch tall.
What should you not sing at an audition?
Top Songs to Avoid at an Audition
- “Popular” from Wicked.
- “Defying Gravity” from Wicked.
- “For Good” from Wicked.
- “Gimme Gimme” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “Not For the Life of Me” from Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Misérables.
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables.
- “Bring Him Home” from Les Misérables.
What is the best color to wear to an audition?
Grey, blue, and other neutral colors work best for auditions. Try to avoid white backdrops or any distracting patterns in the background. Also, take note of what clothes you’re wearing. If you’re using a blue backdrop, don’t wear a blue shirt (you don’t want to look like a floating head).
What should you not do in a musical audition?
Here are top five things to avoid at your next musical theatre audition and the reason why you should, so you have a successful audition!
- Not warming up.
- Lack of mental preparation.
- Choosing inappropriate songs.
- Focusing on just your voice.
- Bringing inappropriate sheet for your accompanist’s.