- 1 Can you legally marry on a cruise ship?
- 2 How much does it cost to get married on a cruise ship?
- 3 What to know about getting married on a cruise?
- 4 What are the rules for getting married at sea?
- 5 Which cruise ship can you get married on?
- 6 Can a captain of a cruise ship marry you?
- 7 Are cruise weddings cheaper?
- 8 Are there chapels on cruise ships?
- 9 What is an elopement package?
- 10 How do you invite someone to a cruise wedding?
- 11 What cruise line is the best?
- 12 Can a sea captain marry you on land?
- 13 Can you officiate your own wedding?
Can you legally marry on a cruise ship?
More than 80% of couples who exchange vows while sailing with Princess Cruises choose to get married at sea, and their ceremony isn’t just a symbolic one. Officiated by the ship’s captain, all at-sea ceremonies on Princess Cruises are legally recognized -even within international waters.
How much does it cost to get married on a cruise ship?
Note that the cost for in-port marriage licenses vary by destination, in the range of $200 to $700; a shipboard marriage license costs $900. Additional services for floral arrangements, live music and photography can be arranged at an additional cost.
What to know about getting married on a cruise?
Here’s what you should know when planning your cruise wedding.
- Your Wedding Can Be in Port or at a Destination Venue.
- Make Sure Your Marriage Is Legal.
- Pick a Ship That Suits Your Style.
- Consider Booking Early.
- Let Your Guests Know Well in Advance.
- Set Up a Wedding Registry.
- Pick a Good Cruise Length.
What are the rules for getting married at sea?
In order for a Captain of a ship to perform a marriage at sea, he must also be a judge, a justice of the peace, a minister, or an officially recognized officiant such as a Notary Public. Japanese ships allow Captains to perform a marriage ceremony at sea, but only if the couple has valid Japanese passports.
Which cruise ship can you get married on?
Princess Cruises Princess is a prime choice because, of all the lines offering shipboard wedding options, it provides one of the best combinations of features, services and facilities. Princess’ “Tie the Knot” packages are available on all ships, and most ships have dedicated wedding chapels.
Can a captain of a cruise ship marry you?
Celebrity Cruises captains are able to officiate legally-recognized same-sex weddings while in international waters. When you get married while sailing in international waters, the ceremony abides by the laws of the country where the ship is registered.
Are cruise weddings cheaper?
1. It’s cheaper than you’d think. Cruise weddings start somewhere around $795. And, while the sky’s the limit, you’ll be able to create a pretty extravagant event for far less than the national average – a whopping $30,000 per wedding.
Are there chapels on cruise ships?
There are still chapels on other Royal ships and other cruise lines. Typically, they survive until a ship is ready for a major drydock, which happens every five years. Ideas that were in vogue 10 years ago when the Independence of the Seas was launched now seem stale.
What is an elopement package?
An elopement package, which you’ll typically find offered by destination wedding venues around the world, includes everything you’ll need to legally tie the knot for one price. Your venue will handle the bulk of the logistics, and you’ll just have to show up on the big day.
How do you invite someone to a cruise wedding?
Malone suggests using the sample wording “ Please join us in presence or in thought” to begin the invitation; it shows that you understand that not everyone will be able to attend, and it is an appropriate gesture that will work well for either formal or informal cruise destination wedding invitations.
What cruise line is the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Can a sea captain marry you on land?
They can’t perform marriages at sea (or on dry land) by virtue of their maritime license alone, and no state has enacted a statute explicitly authorizing ships’ captains to officiate marriages.
Can you officiate your own wedding?
Yes. In some states, you and your partner can legally marry yourself without the need for a third party acting in the capacity of wedding officiant to sign your marriage license. This is called self-solemnization. To solemnize means to observe or honor with solemnity, or to perform with pomp or ceremony.