- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 What is it like to work on a Disney cruise ship?
- 3 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 4 Do cruise ship employees share rooms?
- 5 What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
- 6 Do you get days off working on a cruise ship?
- 7 How long are Disney cruise contracts?
- 8 How much does a Disney cruise ship captain make?
- 9 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
- 10 What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
- 11 Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
What is it like to work on a Disney cruise ship?
What It’s Like to Work on Disney Cruise Line
- The thought of sailing onboard the Disney Cruise Line is usually a stress-free image.
- For crew members setting sail on the Disney Cruise Line, the days are filled with staff meetings, long hours on your feet and plenty of costume changes.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Crew and staff members often have one roommate, though they sometimes have three. Their rooms are furnished simply, giving occupants some combination of a bed, a desk, a closet, a few shelves, and a small bathroom.
What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Do you get days off working on a cruise ship?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
How long are Disney cruise contracts?
Crew members are signed to a contract of a specific length, usually six to nine months. At the end of the contract, you can choose to extend the contract with no time off, or sign up again for another contract with a set amount of time off in between, typically six weeks.
How much does a Disney cruise ship captain make?
How much do cruise ship captains make? Cruise ship captain can earn on average between $110,981 and $153,000 a year in wages. They tend to work for two months on and two months off. Cruise ship captain salary will depend on the size of the ship and the experience of the captain.
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
What is the highest paying job on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.